LIFE IS NOISE is looking for someone experienced in publicity to join our team and help with our growing business. Our first preference would be a person based in Melbourne but we could accommodate someone who lives in another city. The role is part time and the hours are flexible.
1. A love and knowledge of a wide variety of musical genres, with a particular focus on heavy, weird and underground music.
2. Experience working in publicity or in a music marketing-focussed role.
3. The ability to write in a professional, succinct and entertaining manner. Experience writing press releases will be highly valued.
4. A wide range of contacts in all major cities in the Australian music scene, with a focus on the heavy music scene. This should include bands and their management, venues and agencies — plus contacts in press, radio and media in general.
1. Web skills — a basic knowledge of / experience with Squarespace, HTML, web design, and mass mailout systems will be looked upon favourably.
Please address these selection criteria and include your CV in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Wednesday January 19.